College Football and Big Ten fans will take what they can get. To be exact just a few weeks ago the Big Ten season was declared dead. Fortunately, brighter minds prevailed. Friday night the tradition laden Big Ten kicks off its season. Wisconsin will host Illinois for BTN College Football betting games action. Last year the Illini stunned Wisconsin in a 24-23 upset. UW was a 29.5-point favorite. Wisconsin showed up as a team reading their own headlines. They departed in shame. For all that the Badgers will certainly be seeking revenge.
Illinois Fighting Illini vs. Wisconsin Badgers
|Date and Time:||Friday, October 23, 2020, 8 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Campa Randall Stadium, Madison, Wisconsin|
|Illinois vs. Wisconsin TV Coverage:||Big Ten Network|
Illinois Fighting Illini at Wisconsin Badgers SBG Odds Overview
To begin with Wisconsin has significantly more sportsbook appeal than Illinois. Sharps will consider the Badgers revenge angle. But this is likely to inflate the price.
Illinois Fighting Illini Team Overview
Since taking over in 2016 Lovie Smith has struggle to move the Illinois needle. Smith did take Illinois to a bowl game in 2019. However, the Fighting Illini finished 6-7 after their Redbox Bowl loss. Not all of this is Smith’s fault. Specifically, the university has not shown the financial commitment to winning. Compared to Big Ten rivals the Illini lack in bells and whistles. There is no recruiting cache at Illinois either. Smith did a nice job maximizing what he had in 2019. But a setback season would not surprise.
Wisconsin Badgers Team Overview
At the onset of the season Wisconsin is defending Big Ten West champion for the third time in four years. Sixth year coach Paul Chryst has posted four double digit win seasons in five years. Now comes the emergence of Graham Mertz as starting quarterback. Mertz was a highly coveted five-star recruit. He takes over for the injured Jack Coan. Of major concern is at running back. Record setting back Jonathan Taylor will be difficult to replace.
Illinois Fighting Illini at Wisconsin Badgers Against the Spread
The Fighting Illini Are:
- 13-12 against the spread overall
- 10-8 vs. the line against Big Ten opponents
- 5-5 on the board in away games
- 9-8 vs. the odds as a dog
- 13-12 over the total in all games
- 11-7 over the total in Big Ten action
- 10-7 over the total as a dog
- 3-5 against the spread in their last 8 meetings with Wisconsin
- 4-3 over the total head to head with the Badgers
The Badgers Are:
- 10-9 over the total in Big Ten action
- 11-10 over the total as chalk
- 13-14 under the total in all games
- 12-15 against the spread in all games
- 9-12 vs. the odds as chalk
- 8-11 on the board in Big Ten action
- 5-9 against the spread at Camp Randall Stadium
- 4-1 on the board at Camp Randall Stadium against Illinois
- 3-0 over the total when hosting the Fighting Illini
Illinois Fighting Illini at Wisconsin Badgers SBG Free Picks
In this situation Illinois makes for a contrarian pick for College Football Betting Games. Wisconsin is going to be overpriced. And the Badgers might be out of sync at the start with a new quarterback.
Fighting Illini at Badgers SBG Best Bet: Illinois Fighting Illini