Mississippi State coach Mike Leach is known for being his own man. So too does the demand players do things his way. As was the case at Washington State Leach is having a rough first season at MSU. As “The Pirate” himself said he needs to “purge” the roster. Those who refuse to fall into line must depart. Now the difference is that the SEC is less forgiving than the Pac-12. Still, most observers believe that Leach will eventually make Mississippi State a contender. Auburn remains a college football betting enigma. Coach Gus Malzahn is on his ninth life.
Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Betting Information
|Date and Time:||Saturday, December 12, 2020, 7:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Davis Wade Stadium, Starkville, Mississippi|
|Auburn at Mississippi State TV Coverage:||SECN|
Auburn Tigers at Mississippi State Bulldogs SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, sportsbook action should be even between two struggling teams.
Auburn Tigers Team Overview
Auburn is coming off a 31-20 home loss to Texas A&M as 5-point home dogs. So too did the game go under 49.5. Auburn is 5-4 straight up, 4-5 against the spread, and 2-7 under the total. Overall War Eagle ranks 71st for total offense and 84th for scoring. Defensively the Tigers rank 75th in the nation and 46th for points allowed.
Auburn led the Aggies 20-14 heading into the 4th quarter before the wheels came off of the Gus Bus. In turn, Texas A&M wore down Auburn and outgained the Tigers 509-340 in total yards. The Aggies dominated in first downs 29 to 16 and had a staggering 38:00 time of possession. Namely quarterback Bo Nix has barely improved from a 125.0 QB rating in 2019 to a 127.5 in 2020. Nix has 10 touchdown passes and 7 interceptions.
Mississippi State Bulldogs Team Overview
Last time out Mississippi State lost 31-24 loss at Ole Miss on November 28 as 9.5-point dogs. Under the total of 70.5 won too. Hail State is 2-6 straight up, 3-5 against the spread, and 2-6 under the total. Accordingly, the Bulldogs rank 101st for total offense and 117th for scoring. Defensively Mississippi State ranks 54th in the nation and 62nd for points allowed.
Auburn Tigers at Mississippi State Bulldogs Vs. The Line
The Tigers are:
- 19-15 against the spread in all games
- In the SEC 12-12 on the board
- On the road have covered just five out of their last 12 vs. the line
- As chalk 16-10 vs. the odds
- 11-23 under the total in their last 34 games
- On the road 2-10 to the under
- In SEC games 7-17 under the total
- As chalk 9-17 under the number
The Bulldogs are:
- 6-18 against the spread in all games
- At home 10-7 vs. the odds
- Against SEC rivals 10-14 on the board
- As a dog 5-9 vs. the line
- Under the total in 21 out of their last 33 games
- At home 4-12 to the under
- Against the SEC 8-18 under the total
- As a dog 4-10 to the under
- Auburn has covered three of their last four games against Hail State
- Six of the last eight between these teams have gone under the total
- At Davis Wade Stadium Auburn covered just one of the last four
- The last seven meetings in this series at Mississippi State have gone under the total
Auburn Tigers at Mississippi State Bulldogs SBG Free Picks
As mentioned earlier Mississippi State has shown College Football Betting value hosting Auburn.
Tigers at Bulldogs SBG Best Bet: Mississippi State Bulldogs.