When Kirby Smart was Alabama defensive coordinator, he earned a master’s degree in championship football. Smart learned what it took to build a national champion. Also did Smart learn the NCAA Football betting importance of recruiting. Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban is the GOAT of college football. But like all Saban assistants, Smart has struggled against his mentor with a couple of painful losses. In 2017 Georgia had the national championship game in hand. However, Tua Tagovailoa came off the bench to spark an Alabama overtime win. Following that was a gut-wrenching loss in the 2018 SEC Championship Game.
Georgia Bulldogs at Alabama Crimson Tide
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 17, 2020, 8 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Bryant Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, Alabama|
|Georgia vs. Alabama TV Coverage:||CBS|
Georgia Bulldogs at Alabama Crimson Tide SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, we get two of the top three ranked teams nationally. Alabama is the ultimate offshore betting brand in college football. Georgia has plenty of credibilities as well. But just not at the level of Alabama. Georgia will be an attractive choice for sharps. Power dogs in good form are hard to ignore. Further, Alabama’s poor defensive showing Saturday was a turnoff to all.
Georgia Bulldogs Team Overview
Georgia is 3-0 straight up, 2-1 vs. the line, and 1-2 under the total. Last week Georgia slapped down Tennessee 44-21 as 13-point home chalks. Over a total of 43.5 paid too. Overall, offensively the Bulldogs rank 34th overall and 23rd for scoring. Defensively Georgia ranks second overall and fifth for points allowed.
Alabama Crimson Tide Team Overview
Compared to previous Nick Saban Alabama teams this one is distinctly different. Consider Alabama’s 63-48 win at Ole Miss as 24-point chalks. Over a total of 74 was an easy winner. Previously the thought of a Saban program looking like a Big 12 defense was unfathomable. But that’s how it is. Presently the Crimson Tide is 3-0 straight up, 1-2 against the spread, and 3-0 over the total.
Georgia Bulldogs at Alabama Crimson Tide ATS Stats
The Bulldogs are:
- 1 loss against the line in their last six games as a dog
- 6 payouts in their last 9 away games
- 8-5 against the spread vs. ranked opponents
- 17 covers in their last 30 overall games
- 6-3 over the total on the road
- Four under in their last 13 games against ranked teams
- Over the total in six of their last 20 SEC games
- 2-0 against the line at Alabama
- 2-0 over the total at Bryant Denny Stadium
The Crimson Tide are:
- 8 payouts in their last 15 games as home chalk
- 10-9 on the board against SEC rivals
- 5-6 vs. the line against ranked opponents
- 5 under’ in their last 15 as home chalk
- 7-4 over the total vs. ranked teams
- 12-7 over the total in SEC matchups
- 1 payout in their last four games against Georgia
- 7-1 over the total head to head with the Bulldogs
Georgia Bulldogs at Alabama Crimson Tide SBG Free Picks
As mentioned earlier Georgia is a dangerous NCAA Football Betting value as dogs. And at Bryant Denny Stadium. Kirby Smart has a great shot at being the first Saban assistant to beat The Master.
Bulldogs at Crimson Tide SBG Best Bet: Georgia Bulldogs.