When Mississippi State handily upset LSU, Mike Leach was touted as an SEC change agent. But Leach has a mixed College Football betting reputation. He’ll lose to midgets after killing a giant. Sure, enough Hail State lost their next game against then lightly regarded Arkansas. In fact, the Bulldogs lost three in a row after that win at Tiger Stadium. Leach hasn’t hesitated to blame his players. In fact, he vowed a “Purge” of the roster. In regards to players not committed to changing to his ways. Equally important is that opposing defensive coaches have cracked Leach’s code.
Mississippi State Bulldogs vs Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Information
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 31, 2020, 7 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Bryant Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, Alabama|
|Mississippi State vs. Alabama TV Coverage:||ESPN|
Mississippi State Bulldogs at Alabama Crimson Tide SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, Alabama is the overwhelming sportsbook choice of the masses.
Mississippi State Bulldogs Team Overview
Last week Mississippi State was on a much-needed bye week. Following a 28-14 home loss to Texas A&M as 4.5-point dogs. Under the total of 55 paid as well. It was the third consecutive loss for Hail State. As a result, Mississippi State is 1-3 straight up, against the spread and under the total. Offensively the Bulldogs rank 61st overall and 88th for scoring. While on defense Hail State ranks 15th overall and 42nd for points allowed.
Namely, transfer quarterback KJ Costello is fighting for his job. Cause by 10 interceptions to go with six touchdown passes. Incredibly Costello was the hero at LSU in the week one win.
Alabama Crimson Tide Team Overview
Saturday Alabama easily paid in a 48-17 win at Tennessee as 21.5-point chalk. Also cashing in was under a total of 67. Heisman trophy candidate Mac Jones passed for 387 yards. And then Najee Harris ran for 96 yards and three touchdowns.
Now Alabama is 5-0 straight up, 3-2 against the spread, and 4-1 over the total. Offensively the Crimson Tide ranks third overall and for scoring. Defensively the Tide ranks 65th overall, and 41st for points allowed.
Mac Jones has erased doubts about his ability as a starting quarterback. To show Jones has a 212.8 rating with 13 yards per attempt. Jones has 12 touchdown passes and just two interceptions. Of great concern is that top receiver Jaylen Waddle is lost for the season due to injury.
Mississippi State Bulldogs at Alabama Crimson Tide vs. The Line
The Bulldogs are:
- 8-12 against the spread vs. SEC rivals
- Only four payouts in their last 11 away games
- 1-5 against the spread as road dogs
- 4-7 under the total away from home
- 9-18 under the total overall
- 3-8 under the number as a dog
- 15 unders in their last 20 SEC games
- 1-4 vs. the odds head to head with Alabama
- Just four of the last 20 games between Bama and Hail State went under
The Crimson Tide are:
- 9-7 against the spread at Bryant Denny Stadium
- 17-15 on the board in their last 32 games
- 20-11 over the total
- 10-5 over the number at Bryant Denny Stadium
- 14-21 over the total in SEC matchups
- Just one loss to the line in the last six home games with Mississippi State
- Only one of the last six games in this series at Alabama over the total
Mississippi State Bulldogs at Alabama Crimson Tide SBG Free Picks
As was previously noted Alabama owns their College Football betting series against the Bulldogs.
Bulldogs vs. Crimson Tide SBG Best Bet: Alabama Crimson Tide.