Texas coach Shaka Smart has needed much more time than initially anticipated. Most coaches in his predicament already would have been fired. But Texas exercised unusual patience. Now the Longhorns are reaping the rewards of staying the course. Smart’s Longhorns are one of the top stories in college basketball. Oklahoma beat Kansas Saturday for a name brand win with the College Basketball lines. Tuesday, the Sooners will try and build on their momentum. OU has been profitable this season. Contrarily Texas has been a consistent overlay.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Texas Longhorns NCAA Basketball Betting Information
|Date and Time:||Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 7 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Frank Erwin Special Events Center, Austin, Texas|
|Oklahoma at Texas TV Coverage:||ESPN2|
Oklahoma Sooners at Texas Longhorns SBG Odds Overview
Texas is attracting too many sports betting attention. As a result, it’s been a drag on their value. Of major concern is a potential letdown spot for Oklahoma. Following a win over Kansas, that’s a distinct possibility.
Oklahoma Sooners Team Overview
Late on, the Sooners have covered six of their last seven. Four of their last five stayed under the total. Oklahoma is 9-4 straight up, 8-5 against the spread, and 5-8 under the total. Overall, OU ranks 73rd for scoring and 95th for points allowed. Guard Austin Reaves leads the Sooners with 15.2 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 5.2 assists per game.
Texas Longhorns Team Overview
Texas is 11-2 straight up, 6-7 against the spread, and 8-5 over the total. Despite their record, the Longhorns are losing value. Texas has dropped five of their last seven against the spread. Out of 350 teams, the Horns rank 89th for scoring and 60th for points allowed. Second to Baylor is where Texas stands in the Big 12. Guards Andrew Jones, Courtney Ramey, and Matt Coleman III all average over 13 points per game. Forward Greg Brown adds 11.8 points and eight rebounds per game.
Oklahoma Sooners at Texas Longhorns Betting Trends
- Oklahoma is 6-10 against the spread on the road
- The Sooners are 16-10 on the board in Big 12 games
- OU is 18-25-1 under the total in all games
- Following a win, Oklahoma is 9-16 vs. the odds
- The Sooners are 9-16-1 to the under against Big 12 teams
- On the road, OU is 8-7-1 to the over
- After a win, the Sooners are 10-14-1 under the spread
- Texas is 20-24 against the spread overall
- The Longhorns are 8-17 on the board at home
- Against the Big 12, Texas is 12-12 vs. the line
- Following a win, Texas is 12-16 with the odds
- Texas is 12-13 under the total at home
- Following a win, the Horns are 16-12 over the number
- Against the Big 12, Texas is 14-10 to the over
Oklahoma Sooners at Texas Longhorns Head-to-Head vs. Spread
- Texas has covered seven of their last 11 games with Oklahoma
- Five of the last seven in this series went under the total
- The Sooners have paid in four of their last six visits
- Four of those six games at Texas stayed under the total
Oklahoma Sooners at Texas Longhorns SBG Free Picks
In this situation, Oklahoma should have enough to stay within the College basketball lines. Texas hasn’t proven it is worthy of laying points.
Oklahoma at Texas SBG Best Bet: Oklahoma Sooners.