Against the reputations and expectations of most teams, the Trail Blazers are considered playoff material. Head coach Terry Stotts has led Portland to six consecutive NBA Playoff appearances. That includes last year’s trip to the Western Conference Finals. All of which makes the current Trail Blazers subpar NBA betting marks a point of mystery and frustration. Counter to the Portland problems is a Rockets team leading the Southwest Division. Houston’s offense is among the best in all of pro basketball. Defensively, the Rockets have work to do if they are to advance in the playoffs this spring.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Houston Rockets
|Date and Time:||Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 9:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Toyota Center, Houston, Texas|
|Trail Blazers vs. Rockets TV Coverage:||ESPN|
|Trail Blazers vs. Rockets NBA Betting Online Odds at SBG:||Click Here|
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Houston Rockets Overview
Houston has an offshore bookmaker record of 26-12 straight up, 19-19 against the spread, and 17-21 under the total. Overall the Rockets rank first in the NBA for scoring offense, but 22nd for points allowed. Houston has paid in three of their last five games. Further, four of their last six matchups have gone over the total.
By contrast, the Trail Blazers are 16-24 straight up, 15-23-2 vs. the odds, with 19-21 under the total. Portland ranks 12th in the NBA for scoring offense and 23rd for points allowed. Late on the Trail Blazers have slumped badly with eight losses in their last 10 games.
Key Trail Blazers: PG Damian Lillard (26.7 PTS, 4.1 REB, 7.6 AST, 44.1 FGPCT, 36.0 3PPCT, 89.1 FTPCT), SG CJ McCollum (21.7 PTS, 4.2 REB, 3.8 AST, 45.1 FGPCT, 37.0 3PPCT, 79.1 FTPCT), PF Carmelo Anthony (16.2 PTS, 6.1 REB, 43.0 FGPCT, 40.0 3PPCT, 82.2 FTPCT)
Key Rockets: SG James Harden (37.7 PTS, 6.2 REB, 7.5 AST, 45.3 FGPCT, 38.0 3PPCT, 86.1 FTPCT), PG Russell Westbrook (24.6 PTS, 7.7 REB, 7.0 AST, 43.1 FGPCT, 23.1 3PPCT, 79.0 FTPCT), C Clint Capela (14.5 PTS, 14.4 REB, 63.8 FGPCT, 0.0 3PPCT, 54.5 FTPCT)
Portland and Houston Against the Spread
The Trail Blazers are:
- 2-7 against the spread in their last nine away games
- 2-9 under the total on the road
- 4-8 on the board in their last 12 games at Southwest Division teams
- 4-7-1 under the total on the road at Southwest Division opponents
- 2-4 vs. the odds in their last six games at Houston
- 3-4 under the total on the road against the Rockets
The Rockets are:
- 9-5 against the spread in their last 14 games at Toyota Center
- 3-6 under the total in their last nine away games
- 3-5-1 with the number head to head against the Trail Blazers
- 1-4 under the total in their last five games vs. Portland
- 7-3-1 on the board when hosting Northwest Division teams
- 4-9-2 under the total when hosting Northwest Division opponents
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Houston Rockets NBA Betting Pick.
Concurrently the Rocket offense is a significant NBA betting advantage in this matchup. Portland’s poor value on the road is another factor to consider. As was previously noted the Rockets get the money more often than not when hosting the Blazers.
Trail Blazers vs. Rockets NBA Betting Pick: Houston Rockets
Trail Blazers vs. Rockets NBA Betting Score Prediction: Rockets 111, Trail Blazers 89