Namely, it is Anthony Davis that Lebron James and the Lakers desperately needed. Injuries and lack of a supporting cast doomed Los Angles and King James in 2018-19. Davis has changed all of that. The Lake Show is no longer dark. Along the same lines has Russell Westbrook been a key betting on NBA asset for the Rockets. Houston may finally get over the Western Conference hump with Westbrook alongside scoring machine James Harden. Of great concern is a defense that has not been anywhere near championship level. Head coach Mike D’Antoni stayed on to win a championship.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Houston Rockets
|Date and Time:||Saturday, January 18, 2020, 8:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Toyota Center, Houston, Texas|
|Lakers vs. Rockets TV Coverage:||ABC|
|Lakers vs. Rockets NBA odds at SBG:||Click Here|
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Houston Rockets Overview
Houston has a sportsbook record of 26-13 straight up, 19-20 vs. the line, 17-22 under the total. Overall the Rockets rank second in the NBA for scoring offense and 22nd for points allowed. Houston has dropped four of their last seven against the spread. Three of their last five have gone under the total.
By contrast, the Lakers are 33-7 straight up, 22-17-1 vs. the odds, and 18-22 under the total. Los Angeles has dropped two of their eight with the board. Four of their last six have gone over the total. LA ranks seventh for scoring offense and third for points allowed.
Key Lakers: PF Anthony Davis (27.1 PPG, 9.4 REB, 2.6 BLK, 50.4 FGPCT, 29.7 3PPCT, 85.9 FTPCT), SF LeBron James (25.5 PTS, 7.8 REB, 10.7 AST, 49.4 FGPCT, 35.1 3PPCT, 69.7 FTPCT), PF Kyle Kuzma (13.2 PTS, 3.8 REB, 43.6 FGPCT, 34.6 SPPCT, 74.6 PTPCT)
Key Rockets: SG James Harden (37.8 PTS, 6.2 REB, 7.5 AST, 44.8 FGPCT, 37.5 PCT, 88.2 FTPCT), PG Russell Westbrook (24.6 PTS, 7.7 REB, 43.1 FGPCT, 23.1 3PPCT, 79.0 FTPCT), Clint Capela (14.6 PTS, 14.4 REB, 64.3 FGPCT, 56.5% FTPCT, 0.0 3PPCT)
Los Angeles vs. Houston Against the spread
The Lakers are:
- 6-4 against the spread in their last 10 road games
- 3-4 under the total away from home
- 3-5 vs. the line in their last eight games at Houston
- 8-0 over the total in away matchups vs. the Rockets
- 7-4 on the board at Southwest Division teams
- 3-5 under the total in road games vs. the Southwest Division
The Rockets are:
- 9-5 against the spread in their 2-5 last 14 games at Toyota Center
- 2-5 under the total when playing at home
- 2-5 vs. the line in their last seven games vs. Los Angeles
- 10-3 over the total in their head to head series with the Lakers
- 6-3 on the board at Toyota Center vs. Pacific Division opponents
- 6-2 over the total when hosting Pacific Division teams
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Houston Rockets Bet on NBA Picks
On this occasion, we are treated to a potential preview of the Western Conference Finals. As was previously noted the Lakers struggle to bring Betting on NBA
value at Houston. Further, the Rockets have been in the black at Toyota Center.
Lakers vs. Rockets Bet on NBA Pick: Houston Rockets
Lakers vs. Rockets Bet on NBA Score Prediction: Rockets 110, Lakers 103