At the onset of the announcement of Russell Westbrook’s arrival at Houston was wild enthusiasm. Westbrook was seen as the perfect compliment to scoring machine James Harden. As a result, the Rockets became top tier NBA betting favorites in the Western Conference. In the same way, Kawhi Leonard’s arrival to Los Angeles flipped the script of expectations. No longer would the Clippers be the unwanted stepchild to the Lakers in the City of Angels. So far LA has shown good betting value with Leonard as the marquee man. Gamblers believe these teams could meet for high stakes this spring.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets
|Date and Time:||Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 7:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Toyota Center, Houston, Texas|
|Clippers vs. Rockets TV Coverage:||ESPN|
|Clippers vs. Rockets NBA Betting Online Odds at SBG:||Click Here|
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets Overview
Now the Clippers have an offshore bookmaker record of 6-3 both straight up and against the spread with six under. LA has NBA metrics of ninth for scoring offense and 13th for points allowed. The last time out for the Clippers was a 107-101 home payout over the Trailblazers. It was the fourth consecutive payout for Los Angeles. Additionally, it was their fifth under in six games.
By contrast, the Rockets are 6-3 straight up, 3-6 vs. The odds and 4-5 under the total. NBA metrics have Houston ranked second for scoring offense, but 25th for points allowed. Of great concern to many is the lack of reliable defense on most Mike D’Antoni coached teams. Houston is coming off a 117-94 payout at the Chicago Bulls.
Key Clippers: SF Kawhi Leonard (29.0 PTS, 8.1 REB, 5.4 AST), SG Lou Williams (22.4 PTS, 2.7 REB, 5.8 AST), PF Montrezl Harrell (20.4 PTS, 6.7 REB, 2.2 AST)
Key Rockets: PG James Harden (37.1 PTS, 5.6 REB, 8.2 AST), PG Russell Westbrook (21.4 PTS, 9.3 REB, 7.9 AST), C Clint Capela (13.8 PTS, 10.8 REB, 2.2 BLK)
Los Angeles and Houston against the Spread
The Clippers are:
- 3-4-1 against the spread in their last eight road matchups
- 7-3 over the total in their last 10 games away from home
- 11-6 vs. the line in their last 17 games at Toyota Center vs. the Rockets
- 7-3 over the total head to head at Houston with the Rockets
- 7-5 on the board in away games at the Southwest Division
- 3-8-1 under the total in their last 11 games at Southwest Division opponents
The Rockets are:
- 2-5 against the spread in their last seven games at Toyota Center
- 5-2-1 over the total at home
- 2-6 vs. the odds in their last eight games against the Clippers
- 4-5 under the total head to head with Los Angeles
- 7-4 on the board at Toyota Center vs. Pacific Division teams
- 8-3 over the total in their last 11 home games vs. the Pacific Division
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets NBA Betting Pick
As was previously noted the Rockets have been a poor NBA betting value at home. Cause by their poor defense leaving the back door open more often than not. Houston has also been in the red at home against the Clippers.
Clippers vs. Rockets NBA Betting Pick: Los Angeles Clippers
Clippers vs. Rockets NBA Betting Score Prediction: Clippers 108, Rockets 105