A clear difference exists for Miami between now and last fall. The Heat were upstart 2020 Eastern Conference champions. In the NBA Finals, the Lakers exposed Miami for their NBA betting weaknesses. And then those problems have carried over to the new season. Miami’s offensive issues aren’t a big surprise. But their significant defensive decline is another matter. Speaking of defense, the Nets don’t play much of it. Brooklyn has a loaded scoring lineup. However, that doesn’t equate to being a complete team. To be taken seriously as a contender, The Nets must improve defensively.
Miami Heat vs. Brooklyn Nets NBA Betting Information
|Date and Time:||Monday, January 25, 2021, 7:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York|
|Heat at Nets TV Coverage:||NBA TV|
Miami Heat at Brooklyn Nets SBG Odds Overview
In this situation, the Heat lost sports betting appeal. Miami lacks star power and results. Brooklyn has the big-name appeal to attract squares. Skeptical sharps point to their lack of defense.
Miami Heat Team Overview
Late on, the Heat have covered just two of their last six games. Six of their previous eight games cleared the total. Miami is 6-9 straight up, 6-8-1 against the spread, and 8-7 over the total. Overall, the Heat ranks 21st for both scoring offense and points allowed. Miami ranks 5th in the Association for field goal percentage. They are 30th for offensive but 8th for defensive rebounding. Accordingly, Bam Adebayo averages 20.3 points and 8.9 rebounds per game.
Brooklyn Nets Team Overview
Previously the Nets covered just one of their last five games. Brooklyn cleared the total in nine straight games. The Nets are 10-8 straight up, 7-11 vs. the odds, and 13-5 over the total. To summarize, Brooklyn ranks 2nd in the NBA for scoring offense and 27th for points allowed. The Nets rank 1st for field goal percentage and 3rd for 3-point field goal percentage. Namely, Kevin Durant (31.2 PPG), Kyrie Irving (29.3 PPG), and James Harden (23.6 PPG) generate a fantasy team feel.
Of great concern is that rookie coach Steve Nash faces a daunting task. Nash must convince three huge-ego superstars to play defense. Nash is not the favorite in getting buy-in for that.
Miami Heat at Brooklyn Nets Betting Trends
- Brooklyn is 16-22 against the spread on the road
- The Nets are 28-34 vs. the odds in Eastern Conference matchups
- Brooklyn is 34-27-1 to the over against Eastern Conference teams
- The Nets are 20-18 over the total on the road
- Miami is 23-14-2 against the spread at home
- The Heat is 38-30-2 vs. the line against Eastern Conference opponents
- Miami is 25-14 over the total at home
- The Heat is 41-27-2 over the total against the Eastern Conference
Miami Heat at Brooklyn Nets Head-to-Head vs. Spread
- Brooklyn has paid in eight of their last 11 games with Miami
- Just three of the last nine between the Nets and Heat went under
- The Heat have covered just two of their last six games at Brooklyn
- Just one of the last five in this series at Barclays Center stayed under
Miami Heat at Brooklyn Nets SBG Free Pick
As mentioned earlier, the Nets have dominated this NBA betting series. Miami lacks the firepower to exploit the Nets defense. Brooklyn has the high-octane attack to pull away with authority.
Heat at Nets SBG Best Bet: Brooklyn Nets.