With the 2015 Major League Baseball Series beginning on Tuesday the 27th of October 2015 and Game 1 includes the Mets of New York playing at the Royals of Kansas City with game time set at 8:10 PM ET and seen on Fox TV.
The Royals of KC made it to this World Series by beating the Blue Jays of Toronto 4-3 in the ALCS 6th game this past Friday which game them AL pennants for 2 consecutive years. Now they are at home against the steaming hot Mets of New York in this 2015 World Series. The Mets came into this World Series with their energy fully charged after they swept the Cubs of Chicago and it appears that their pitching is at its best ever.
So now that the teams are set for this 2015 MLB World Series let me give you a rundown of the games and action and where you can see all the action. In a preceding paragraph I gave you the information for Game1 so now let’s take a look at the remaining schedule for the series:
- The 2nd game of the Series is on Tuesday the 28th of October 2015 with the Mets of New York at the Royals of Kansas City with game time at 8:10 PM ET and seen on Fox TV.
- The 3rd game is with the Royals of KC at the Mets of N.Y. on Friday the 30th of October 2015 and game time is at 8:10 PM ET and seen on Fox TV.
- The 4th game is with the Royals of KC at the Mets of N.Y. on Saturday the 31st of October 2015 with game time at 8:10 PM ET and seen on Fox TV.
- The 5th game if needed is with the Royals of KC playing at the Mets of N.Y. on Sunday the 1st of November 2015 with game time set at 8:15 PM ET and seen on Fox TV.
- The 6th game if needed is with the Mets of N.Y. playing at the Royals of K.C. with game time set at 8:10 PM ET and seen on Fox TV.
- The 7th and final game if needed is with the Mets of N.Y. playing at the Royals of K.C. with game time set at 8:10 PM ET and seen on Fox TV.
The reason the Mets are in this 2015 MLB World Series is a result of their pitching which for the postseason had a 2.81 ERA on average, for all 9 games of the playoff and that’s the best of all post season participants.
In the 4 games against the Mets the Cubs scored a total of 8 runs, and just 6 of the runs were against the Mets starting pitchers M. Harvey, N. Syndergaard, J. DeGrom and S. Matz and those 4 had a combined 2.16 ERA as they allowed 15 hits in some 25 innings, walked only 6 and struck out a total of 29.
Those types of statistics are what makes the Mets of New a tough match-up in this World Series, even as the team has not played at their best offensively, their pitching normally has taken up for the shortcomings on offense. They have not been a high scoring team in the NLCS as in the 1st and 2nd games they only scored 4 runs, then in game 3 scored 5 runs and in the final game 4 they scored 8 runs.
In the Series against the Dodgers in 4 of their 5 games they scored 3 runs or less, and the team as a whole only batted a mere .235 and still their record in postseason was 7 wins and 2 losses. For most teams that would not be a winning way, but with the Mets they are winning with a starting pitching staff that has been outlandish.
The Royals against seem to make the teams with the hot pitching staffs to vanish as they only strike out some 8.5 times per each 9 inning games. Their offense has been more consistent than any other team in the playoffs that is if they don’t struggle against the Mets powerful pitching staff.