Hockey Wagering should be exciting in 2007 with great action all season long. Let’s look at the top 10 teams in the hockey wagering power rankings entering the 2007 hockey wagering season.
1. Anaheim Ducks – Hockey wagering fans know that the Ducks still have Giguere and Pronger but they have to replace Selanne and might have to replace Scott Niedermayer. Those that bet on hockey have noticed the changes.
2. Ottawa Senators – Hockey wagering fans know that the Senators have the pieces in place to make a Stanley Cup run and maybe it is finally their year. They are the top team in the Eastern Conference.
3. Detroit Red Wings – Picking up Brian Rafalski will be a huge help to Detroit this season and they could replace Anaheim in the West as the top team for those that bet on hockey.
4. Pittsburgh Penguins – The Penguins are going to be good for many years to come with the league’s best player, Sidney Crosby. If they can get some goaltending the Penguins can challenge for the Cup and excite hockey wagering fans.
5. San Jose Sharks – The Sharks are good again and perhaps the pickup of Jeremy Roenick will inspire this team to finally play up to their abilities and excite hockey wagering fans.
6. New York Rangers – The Rangers made a huge splash in the off-season getting Gomez and Drury and they will be a hockey wagering force. It should be an exciting season of hockey in New York.
7. Calgary Flames – The Flames now have Mike Keenan to get them motivated and that should happen immediately. Hockey wagering fans have noticed.
8. Buffalo Sabres – How the mighty have fallen. The Sabres lost both Drury and Briere and are not going to be nearly as good as they were a year ago for those that bet on hockey.
9. Vancouver Canucks – Goaltender Roberto Luongo always seems to keep his team in the game and since goaltending is so important the Canucks are always a threat in hockey wagering.
10. New Jersey Devils – New Jersey still has Martin Brodeur but how long can he play at a Championship level for those that bet on hockey?