That was not the case with most of the other top teams in the power rankings though as they dominated against the NFL lines. Let’s look at the power rankings heading into Week 12 which begins on Thanksgiving with three games.
1. New York Jets
All they do is find ways to win and that is the mark of a great team. They should have no trouble winning on Thursday night.
2. New England Patriots
The Patriots survived against the Indianapolis Colts this week to match the Jets at 8-2 for the lead in the AFC East.
3. Atlanta Falcons
The Falcons continue to win and last week they even covered the spread. They get a huge test on Sunday as Green Bay comes into town.
4. Green Bay Packers
The Packers face a real test this week against the Falcons but the odds makers give them a chance to win as they are just 2-point underdogs.
5. Philadelphia Eagles – They look very good with Vick at quarterback and are a real Super Bowl contender.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers – Looked very good in a win over the Raiders.
7. Baltimore Ravens – Back on track after a dominating win vs. Carolina.
8. New Orleans Saints – Looking like the defending champs again.
9. Indianapolis Colts - There is no shame in losing at New England.
10. New York Giants – Played the Eagles tough for the most part.
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – All they do is win games.
12. Chicago Bears – Someone this team is 7-3.
13. San Diego Chargers – They can still win the AFC West.
14. Kansas City Chiefs – So they beat Arizona.
15. Washington Redskins – Got a big road win at Tennessee.
16. Jacksonville Jaguars – Found a way to win again.
17. Miami Dolphins – Looked really bad with Thigpen at quarterback.
18. Houston Texans – Back to back tough losses.
19. Tennessee Titans – Vince Young is out and the Titans could crumble.
20. Seattle Seahawks – A .500 team that is leading their division.
21. Oakland Raiders – Proved last week in Pittsburgh they are a fraud.
22. St. Louis Rams – Not good enough to beat Atlanta vs. NFL lines.
23. Cleveland Browns – Played tough but lost against the Jaguars.
24. Denver Broncos – At least they can score.
25. San Francisco 49ers – Laid a total egg at home vs. the Bucs.
26. Dallas Cowboys – Cowboys winning with Jason Garrett.
27. Minnesota Vikings – Finally fired Brad Childress.
28. Buffalo Bills – Bills are no longer the worst team in the league.
29. Arizona Cardinals – Not much to like.
30. Detroit Lions – Can’t win on the road.
31. Cincinnati Bengals – They quit against the Bills.
32. Carolina Panthers – They are really bad against the NFL betting lines.