The new Monmouth Park reopened on June 19, 1946, as 18,724 were there. The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority purchased Monmouth Park from its previous owners, the Monmouth Park Jockey Club, in 1986. The NJSEA still retains the corporate name "Monmouth Park Jockey Club".
Monmouth Park 's marquee event is the Haskell Invitational Handicap, named after Amory L. Haskell. The Haskell was first run in 1968 as a handicap, but was made into an Invitational Handicap in 1981. In 2007 Monmouth Park hosts the Breeder's Cup.