From 1947 to 1984 the track changed a great deal. It was renamed Laurel Race Course and the Washington, DC International was introduced. In 1984 the track was sold to Frank J. DeFrancis and several business partners. In 1989 Frank DeFrancis died but his son Joe began managing the track. The track was later purchased by Magna Entertainment Corp and in 2004 and 2005 the dirt and turf courses were refurbished. The name also went back to Laurel Park.